Why buy an annual Costco membership for $55 when there are many retailers happily ready to do a Costco price match for you?
There are many who thinks membership clubs like Costco aren’t their competitors, prefer not to do a price match.
- The price match will not be valid for items marked as manager special and should be regular prices excluding any special discounts at Costco.
- Excludes : Volume discounts, typographical errors, open-box, special orders, taxes, rebate and free offers and online purchases.
- “We do match the prices of Warehouse clubs as long as the Warehouse club is a local retail competitor, has an identical immediately available product and all other price match criteria are met.” As per Best Buy website.
- “The Price Match Guarantee covers 1 price match per identical item, per customer, at the current pre-tax price available to all customers.”
- Common Brands : Apple, HP, Dell, Canon, Nikon, Sony, JVC and Samsung
The Fry’s Price Match Policy most definitely includes Costco. As it says that it’s valid on “brand new, unopened products of the same exact model with same warranty.”
- Excludes Rebates, special program or educational discounts, bonuses, free offers, gift cards, rewards point redemptions, coupons, promo codes, bundled items, or one-of-a-kind or limited quantity offers.
- Common Brands : Apple, HP, Dell, Lenovo, Microsoft, Alienware, Samsung, Sony, and Xbox.
When shopping for office supplies or tech products, don’t forget your one stop for all your needs with Office Depot having the policy to score the lower Costco price when possible.
Pet food supplies and other pet care products sometimes tend to be expensive. To overcome don’t forget to have a price match at your local PetSmart store.
- Items should be in-stock at both Costco and PetSmart and must be identical in specification and size to be valid for a price match.
- Show evidence of the lower Costco price either by snap taken at Costco or a printout from their online website to any sales associate and they’ll do the rest for you.
- Excludes : clearance, BOGO, rebates, liquidation or other special events.
- Common Brands : Advantage, Frontline, PetArmor, and PoochPads.
- Don’t forget to save your receipt for 7 days, the allowed period for price match.
- It’s a task here to find the products with similar size or servings.
- Common Brands : Almost everything, except their home brand Member’s Mark and Kirkland.
- “If you find a lower price on an identical brand and model number currently available for sale at another local competitor’s retail store, Sears will match that price.” On further inquiry we found that Costco is one of their local competitor.
- As per Sears policy, it is required to bring a lower price shown in competitors’ ad.
- But as Costco doesn’t have flyers, a snap of the item on your smartphone is good enough. A print out of product page taken from Costco.com will be good enough when shown to a Sears employee.
- Common Brands : Sony, LG, Samsung, and Toshiba.
Staples will also happily price Costco prices on identical items.
- From the Staples website, “Staples will price match items sold by any retailer who sells products in both retail stores and online under the same brand.”
- Simply show evidence of the lower Costco price in the form of a snap of the Costco product and price tag taken on your smartphone or a print taken from Costco.com.
- Common Brands : Canon, 3M, Boise, Kimberly-Clark, Scotch, Sharpie, Sentry, Lexmark, Avery, and Bostitch.
Target price-match policy does not clearly define about Costco. But on our research, we concluded that they will do for all the products available in Costco and Target. Not only this from October 1st, 2015 onwards they stated that they will also price match “brick & mortar”.
- Price match can be done at the time of purchase or via a price adjustments within 14 days after purchase.
- Common Brands : Apple, Lexmark, Fisher-Price, Huggies, Pampers, Disney, Garmin, Lego, and KitchenAid.
Toys R Us
Every holiday shopping season Costco has some deals on toys by which you could be blown out clearly. But if you are out of membership or want to skip the crowd at Costco, Toys R Us will price match the Costco price.
- Items at Costco and Toys R Us should be identital for price match.
- You must show proof with a snap taken at Costco or online pricing from Costco.com.
- The price match can either be done at the time of the purchase or within 7 days.
- Common Brands : Barbie, Disney, Fisher-Price, Hello Kitty and Star Wars.
The list of local competitors that Walmart will price-match includes Costco.
- If the price at Costco is lower then Walmart, all you need to do is tell the Walmart employee at the customer service desk.
- Furthermore, they don’t require you to have the Costco ad, or proof, for them to honour the lower price.
- Common Brands : Apple, HP, LG, Sony, Toshiba, Dell, Vizio, Samsung, Sharp, Black & Decker, Keurig, KitchenAid, Panasonic, FitBit, Stanley, and Tide.